Annual self assessment is basically a routine self evaluation carried out annually to examine one’s own progress as within the span of a year. It can be considered as an individual’s own narrative charting the course his life or career took within the period of a year.
Sample Annual Self Assessment
Annual self assessment of: Angela Dawson
Assessment conducted on: January 8, 2012
Age: 21 years
Aim: To analyze the student’s academic performance for the year 2011-2012
Academic performance of the previous year:
- 80% in science subjects
- 50% in arts subjects
- 70% in internal assessments
- 40% in class performance
- 55% in projects
Academic performance for this year:
- 85% in science subjects
- 56% in arts subjects
- 66% in internal assessments
- 35% in class performance
- 63% in projects
Accomplishments of the year:
- Took part in several extra-curricular activities.
- Winner of national level debate competition
- Got selected for prestigious Gloria scholarship
- Worked on a project on global warming
- Significant improvement in internal and external assessments.
- Further decline in class performance
- Active participation in various activities that further enriched education.
- Improvement in social skills.
- Needs to work on leadership qualities.
- Needs to be more of an extrovert.
- Improvement in academic performance in comparison to that of the previous year.
- Active participation in various events improved social skills and boosted self confidence.
Areas that need improvement:
- Needs to be more outgoing and upfront.
- Needs to be more active, attentive and interrogative in classes.
- Should learn to be more organized and social.
Conclusion: The annual performance shows significant positive improvement from that of the previous year but still shows scope for improvement.