Every teenager undergoes a phase of life when he is completely clueless and confused about the career path to follow. While the glossy pamphlets and brochures of various universities with their attractive courses and fairy tale ending tales adds on to the aberration, raining advices from practically every person one knows do not help much either. The best thing to do at these times is to evaluate one’s strengths and weaknesses and conduct a career self-assessment test to identify the career trajectory one actually aspires to follow and has an aptitude for.
Sample Career Self Assessment
Name: Merissa Kristeva
Age: 17 years
Academic qualification: school final student
- Creative writing
- Social issues
- Reading books
- Listening to music
- Visual arts
- Writing essays, poetry, short stories.
- Understanding and analyzing works of art and literature.
- Can develop an idea into something fun and productive.
- Socially, culturally, politically aware.
- Can think out of the box.
- Can read audio visual or literal texts from various perspectives.
- Lack of curiosity.
- Lack of analytical skills.
- Poor in calculations.
- Poor memory.
- General knowledge
- Critical skills
- Arts in general
- Open minded
Suggested careers: Going by the individual’s career self-assessment, the careers that seem to be apt for the person are:
- Literature – The person shows potential to excel as an academician
- Media – The person shows promises of evolving as a good, popular journalist. Advertising is another field that she may excel at.
- Film studies – The individual may also try her hand at the field of film studies as directing, editing or critiquing movies which may turn out to be her forte.