A career skills assessment is an exercise in assessing the career suitability or requirements of a particular individual. This is often conducted by career counselors with a view to understanding the career fields which are most likely to suit a particular individual. Often schools and colleges, or companies can evaluate the career-readiness of potential employees to gauge their merits and the strengths they will be bringing with them into their work space.
Sample Career Skills Assessment:
Career skills assessment conducted by: Career Whiz Pvt. Ltd.
Date of submission: 23rd June 2012
Name of individual: Jason Smith
Age: 23 years
- Has completed his post graduation in Mass Communication from the University of Leibnitz in 2012 with commendable achievement.
- Has completed his graduation in English from University of Leibnitz in 2010 with a first class.
- Has completed high school GED from Dell High School, New York.
Desired profession: Political Journalism.
- The candidate has excellent theoretical knowledge in this subject, and has also participated in considerable internships with reputed media houses.
- He has also been awarded the “Most Promising Student of the Year” award by the University in 2012.
Areas to work on:
- The candidate needs to intern with a major and reputed publishing house in order to grasp an understanding of how it functions. Political journalism must be preceded by other kinds of write-ups which have to be approved at first.
- He also needs to improve his communication and networking skills.
Band score: 50-60
Please check overleaf for the candidate’s performance in the career skills test and key to the band scores.