Government career assessments are done to evaluate the acumen possessed by a prospective employee to hold a government job. It conceptualises the need for the psychological, cognitive and educational factors that directly contribute to one’s success in a government job. It must be completely employee-oriented so that all aspects are covered by it.
Sample Government Career Assessment
Name of the candidate: George Mackenzie
Purpose of assessment: This would help the candidate choose his career in a government firm according to his mental make-up and emotional features.
Date of assessment: 14th December, 2011
Educational qualification: Masters in History
Career objective: Administrative Officer in Government Agency
- Educational skills come first that include complete mastery and specialization in one’s field of work reflected in good grades and academic performances.
- An experience varying from a three month period to one year period is desirable for a basic assistantship job to a higher level managerial job respectively.
- Computer application skills are very important in this age of technology where data is manoeuvred through software and programmed instructions only.
- Most government jobs are analytical or administrative in nature. Good leadership and administrative skills must be demonstrated by the employees to manage teams.
- The concerned person has a good grip on languages like English and French. So he is expected to do the task of a translator effortlessly.
- He has been found good at decision-making and team-leading tasks useful for administration purpose.
- He has qualified in basic management tasks like in operation of Microsoft Office and data management software programs.