IT or information technology has become an integral and a very major part of life today. I.T. security refers to the robustness of the security of an IT system operated within an I.T. firm or the IT system of some other entity.
The IT security risk assessment is needed so that it can be verified that the I.T. system are secure and also to highlight things that can be done to improve the state of the existing situation. The assessment is made of questions about what makes the system and other aspects of its components.
Sample I.T. Security Risk Assessment
Name of the I.T. Company: _____________________________
Date of Evaluation: ____________________________________
Evaluation done by: ___________________________
Pick the correct choices or write the correct answer for the following:
1. Mention the number of computers/ laptops or other hardware output devices that the respective I.T. network consists of.
2. Are all the hardware components of the IT network made up of products that are certified in quality and robustness?
3. Explain in brief the expanse of the virtual I.T. network. ________________________
4. Have the system developers put in place firewalls to avoid intrusion of any unfamiliar entities?
c. Yes, but it needs improvement
5. Are there enough check- points and virus detectors/ anti- virus systems in place within the system?
c. Improvement is needed
6. Has there been placed a security code for allowing access to only the individuals that the firm wants to access various parts of the I.T. system?
c. Yes, at some section, no at others.
7. Have the I.T. officials set up a path way to handle the situations when the system may be under sudden attack or risk of sorts?
c. Yes, but it is not very efficient.