Leadership assessments are effective practice to measure leadership potential by judging the behavioural and personal traits of an individual. Such a process is conduced widely in teaching institutions, employer organizations and at workplaces. To commence a leadership assessment, self awareness & management, support leadership development and performance oriented questionnaires are prepared to record the honest answers of students & employees. Behavioural test and leadership personality investigation are the vital tools being used to document the leadership assessment. To identify the deserving future leaders and spotting strengths & weakness of existing leaders, a leadership assessment acts as one of the important methods.
Types of Leadership Assessment:
- 360 degree Leadership Assessment
- Pre hire & Selection Leadership Assessment
- Organizational Leadership Assessment
- Student Leadership Assessment, etc
Underneath mentioned factors must be considered to prepare a leadership assessment document:
- Decide the format of a leadership assessment such as an interview quiz, written test, online form and questionnaire, etc.
- Emphasize upon the defined leadership traits such as motivational skills, team diving abilities, coaching & development and emotional intelligence to complete a successful leadership assessment.
- Employ the influence strategies such as gaining power & handling pressure, team development behaviour, creativity of individual, diagnosing dissatisfactory performance & motivating positive attitude and effective delegation, etc in a leadership assessment.
- Carefully notice the expressions and understand the chosen answers to document the leadership capabilities of each candidate in a leadership assessment.
- Complete the leadership assessment by sealing & signing the document.
- Do not forget to mention if there is any specifically remark in a leadership assessment.
Hence, a leadership assessment plays an important role to measure the instinctive leadership qualities of individuals.