The nursing home assessment is a vital formal document that provides information about the standard of care that is followed for its patients. The nursing home is essential for those in need of constant care and medical aid. Thus, the assessment records the different facilities available and whether the standard health care is being met or not. Such an assessment must have provisions for elderly and young health care for both mental and physical disabilities. The skills of the doctors and the nurses are also assessed in terms of how they treat the residing patients during accidents, illness and rehabilitative situations. Hench, the nursing home assessment must be conducted with great precision.
Sample Nursing Home Assessment
Name of Nursing Home: Springfield Health Care
Total Number of Doctors: 78
Total Number of Nurses: 180
Number of General Wards: 85
Number of ICU units: 18
Objectives of Nursing Home Assessment:
- The assessment will check whether the nursing home meets the health care standards as set up by the National Medical Board
- The doctors and nurses will also go a thorough interview and observation to assess their capabilities and competence.
- The state of the residents will also be examined to ensure they are getting adequate health care.
Outcome of the Assessment:
- The Springfield Health Care has the state of the art health care equipments and check up facilities that ensure that any patient, regardless of different types of mental and physical ailments, will be well taken care of.
- The staff has a large number of highly skilled and educated doctors who are backed by capable nurses.
- The residents are also properly looked after.