Restaurant business assessment is the kind of assessment which helps one understand what the restaurant business is made of and all that goes into its day to day operations. The assessment estimates the overall performance of the business and the aspects of it. It then helps to figure out what can be done to improve the situation of the business as a whole. Such assessments can be conducted by anyone who is officially associated with the restaurant business and is a part of its daily functioning. A sample of the restaurant business assessment follows which displays what the assessment needs to be.
Sample Restaurant Business Assessment
Date: _____/ ______/ _________
Name of the restaurant business: _______________________________________
Owner Name: ______________________________________________________
Name of head manager: ______________________________________________
Evaluation done by: ________________________________________________
Evaluator’s association with the business: ______________________________
Answer the following questions by picking out correct choices:
1. What was the target clientele for which the restaurant was established?
2. Has the restaurant been implemented to suit the target audience and it currently meets the requirements of the respective clientele?
c. Not exactly
3. Is there enough serving staff in the restaurant considering the kind of customer traffic the restaurant receives?
c. We are at times short of serving staff
4. Is the number of cooking team members/ chefs/ head chefs etc. sufficient to suit the needs of the restaurant business?
a. Yes, we have sufficient number
b. No, we are always short
c. We are short, but we manage.
5. Is the management getting kind of business it expected or is the business slow/
a. At par
c. Very slow.
6. Is management accommodating of new ideas and suggestions giving employees the space to be innovative and more dedicated?
7. Would you say that overall the restaurant business is a smooth sailing ship or not?