Safety risk assessment is the process by which one finds out how safe or unsafe he is in a particular environment, either at home or at office. It is important to conduct safety risk assessment as they give us an idea of any potential dangers and how to avoid them. There are also many state safety codes and regulations that one must follow at home, while handling hazardous materials, for any project or at one’s workplace. By evaluating if one is following these safety codes, an assessment of the various types of risks can be made and then recommendations can be made accordingly.
Sample Safety Risk Assessment:
The following risk assessment has been made by Safety First Org, Kansas
Name: Josh Hanson
Address: 3892 Palm Tower, Kansas
Type of house: 2-bedrrom apartment
Objective of assessment: To find out if the owner of the house has been following all the fire safety code and what risks is he facing related to that
Areas on which questions asked:
- Is there a fire extinguisher in every floor of the apartment?
- Do you know how to operate it?
- Do all houses have a working smoke alarm?
- Do you know what to do in case there is a fire?
Assessment and recommendations:
Based on Mr Hanson’s answers, we make the following recommendations:
- The apartment has only one fire extinguisher in the whole building and recommend one in every floor.
- The electric wiring of the apartment is in good condition
- Residents are not very aware of safety practices and fire risks so we suggest that the housing complex committee conduct safety programs