The objective of a sales skills assessment is to evaluate one’s aptitude as a salesperson, identify one’s strengths and weaknesses and work on problematic areas. It also comments on one’s potential and prospects as a salesman and thereby helps one exploit the best in him. Since the assessment intends to analyze one’s sales acumen, it must be done with absolute care and precision.
Sample Sales Skills Assessment
Name of the candidate: Joseph Wood
Assessment report submitted by: Joey Smith
Date of submission of report: November, 13, 2012
Criterion: The assessment intends to analyze one’s sales aptitude on individual, group as well as organization wide. The criterion on which the individual was assessed are:
- Interaction with clients.
- Ability to build contacts.
- Ability to gain trust and build credibility.
- Convincing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Identifying and exploiting the needs of the customer.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Ability to glide through unpleasant situations and to avoid undesired questions.
- Clarity of expression
- Has a pleasing personality that is easily likeable.
- Can approach people with immense ease and comfort.
- Can build contacts that may last a lifetime.
- Positive attitude.
- Impressive convincing skills.
- Smooth talker. Can influence others easily with his speech.
- Inability to handle tricky situations.
- Cannot push sale.
- Is absolutely disorganizing. Do not go by a plan.
- Cannot say ‘no’.
Inference: The concerned individual is found to be very promising if only he chooses to work on his dark areas and turn them into positives.