Sample Career assessment tests an individual’s personal aptitudes and interests to determine the career suited for him. It is a document prepared on the basis of the person’s level of motivation and proficiency. If not documented accurately, it may give a wrong interpretation and conclusion about the career choices an individual should make in future.
Sample Career Assessment
Name of the organization: Griffin High School
Preparation made by: Rebecca Tillotson, Career Counselling Wing.
Description of the project:
With the growing number of career opportunities, career assessment has become an integral part of vocational guidance. Students are willing to explore the various fields of vocation. We are trying to make this process of choosing a vocation simpler and easier.
Benefits derived from the project:
- The school authorities, students and the guardians would be benefited as this project would give them a direction.
- The students would be empowered to make their own decision and would not have to depend on others to guide them.
Considerations to be made:
Professional counsellors and human resource officials are required for the purpose of carrying out a successful career assessment. Plus more schools need to extend support to our counselling wing so that more students take part in career assessment programs.
Career assessment needs:
- The present educational system is very imposing on children and compels them to pursue courses that are more in demand.
- Students are not aware of the upcoming and blooming career opportunities which go unnoticed most of the time.
- Job prospects are still vague in certain fields which in turn contract the career options.