A teacher performance assessment helps to evaluate the performances of a teacher at times of teaching and question sessions. These are basically done by competent authorities to keep records of the teacher’s performances for future references and comparisons with other teacher performance details for employment related issues.
Sample Teacher Performance Assessment
Name: Sam Richards.
Age: 36 years.
College/ School where candidate teaches: St Jones School, New Jersey.
Name of examiner: Rebecca Simpson.
Assessment method: The candidate is asked to take a 45 minute class of seventh standard in the school she teaches. Reactions to situations and the use of methodical and technological parameters in teaching are the tests that the candidate is awarded points upon.
- Was he/she impressive enough when he/she stepped in the class? Did he/she manage to create an atmosphere of attention among the students?
- Was the teacher technically sound to use the parameters available for a better impact?
- Was the subject matter informative and interesting enough? Did he/she provide enough background information to justify his/her statements among the students?
- Was the questions asked by the students well answered?
- Was he/she able to make a total impact?
Marks awarded and comments:
- 8 out of 10
- 10 out of 10
- 7 out of 10
- 6 out of 10
- 6 out of 10
The teacher was very good at making a positive impact in the class. Although the class was very impressively handled, care must be taken on the substance being taught and its presentation.