The technology assessment for teachers is an important step that every educational institution takes up to gauge whether the technology standards are met through the teachers. This assessment can be done for measuring the effectiveness of the classroom technology used by teachers for the benefit of the students. This also examines the teacher’s adaptability to the technology introduced. The assessment must take into account how well the teacher has been able to ensure that students are able to handle the technology as well. The technology assessment for teachers is a way to examine the proficiency of a teacher in handling classroom technology.
Sample Technology Assessment for Teachers
The technology assessment for teachers has been conducted by MILLS & Co Pvt. Ltd.
Name of School: Jason McCollum High School
Number of Teachers: 349
Number of Students: 1,233
Technology used in Classroom: Individual Computers by both Students and Teachers for interactive learning.
Standards for Technology Assessment for Teachers:
- Standard 1: The teacher’s ability to handle new educational software used in the computers and the ability to integrate and impart the knowledge amongst students as well.
- Standard 2: The usefulness of the computer technology for basic educational purposes such as lesson planning, innovative learning techniques etc.
- Standard 3: The latest computer models and up-to-date software to be incorporated in the classroom for teachers and students.
Outcome of Technology Assessment for Teachers:
- Standard 1 has been adequately met.
- After properly viewing student examination reports and teacher’s evaluation, standard 2 has also been sufficiently met.
- There needs to be an immediate upgrade of the computer technology.