Writing assessment is a process of analyzing the writing language. Writing assessment is performed both inside and outside the classroom. It helps in supporting the students, placing the educate in proper stream, certifying proficiency and assessing the programs. Writing assessment is a way to assess the communication skills. Writing assessments improve the learning and teaching. There are so many tips for writing assessment which can be used. The main purpose of assessment is to regulate the design, execution, and generation of the results.
Tips for writing assessment
Gather the information and examples of your work. Identify the goals of your job or work. Repeat the goals of your job in words while writing the assessment. This helps your manager to understand about how you understood about the work or job functions. Significant achievements should be included.
- Assessments should be short; it should not be too lengthy. Critical achievements should be covered in writing assessments. How your performance benefited to the organization should be explained. Explain the challenges that you have encountered and what you have learned from them. Present your ideas or thoughts in a clear manner. Examples of that particular text type should be provided.
- List the areas in which you would improve in the next performance or activity. Identifying the growth in yourself is the biggest challenge in the assessment. Try to get the opinion from others who closely work with you.
- Be down-to-earth and specific in writing the goals for the next activity. Mention the outline of the assessment and include introduction, important points and a conclusion. Under each important point add a few ideas on that particular point.
- In introduction, main theme of the assessment should be included. Each important point should be mentioned in distinct paragraphs. Try to include all the skills and experience to the relevant work or position. Include the main theme again in the conclusion section to support your conclusion.
- Write clearly and concisely because the reader may not have much time to read the entire thing which you have written. Do not compress much of the information. Determine the present results and compare these results to the previous performance and analyze the improvement.
- Strengths and weaknesses may be described in writing assessments. The writing may be in analytical nature. Try to add your interests. Do not boast about the skills. Include the facts about the achievements.