Sports assessment is an instrumental tool for appraising a wide range of purposes that involves evaluation of medical history or laboratory test of an athlete or mental status prior playing a match or any other factors related to a sport or sportsman. This kind of evaluation document portrays the quality of the health care facilities and rehabilitation services that is being provided to a player. Even, it also help to assess the diagnostic methods, physical fitness techniques or equipments used for a particular kind of sports.
As sports assessments are being done to assess varied range of sports related affair and so the types also differ accordingly. Some of the widely used and significant ones among them are as enlisted:
- Psychological sports assessment
- Pre-participation sports assessment
- Physical fitness sports assessment
- Sports training facilities assessment
- Post-performance assessment etc
All the above-mentioned types of sports assessment differ in content but some of the attributes remain unaltered. Irrespective of its kind, one must always ensure to follow certain essential factors, enlisted below, so as to present an effective appraisal document.
- The credentials of the authority assessing the particular sports related affair have to be established initially so as to impart an authentic look to the document.
- Before constructing this kind of assessment, one must ensure to do ample research work on various aspects related to the purpose. This would help them to find the factors which require special emphasis.
- Findings related to each of the factors have to be elaborated essentially so that it delivers detailed information on it.
- Finally, prior drawing a line of conclusion based upon the findings related to each factor, one must have an answer to the problem that is aroused through assessment. This helps to make the conclusion more valid and fruitful.