Education assessment serves as an important and potent tool used for assessing the status and performance of an education institute, system or related organization. This analytical tool helps to gather information related to various aspects of an education process effectively. The information accumulated through this appraisal differs through a varied range like the efficiency of an educational system or learning process of an institute etc. Such document requires extensive research and study on the particular matter that is to be depicted. However, irrespective of the content or matter to be assessed, few points remain unchanged for all. They are as follows:
- The purpose and nature of the education assessment must be stated properly so that the objective behind the assessment could be clearly understood by the respondent.
- In order to give an authoritative and reliable look to the document, the genuineness of the concern authority conducting the assessment must be established.
- Despite of the nature or kind of education assessment it is, the assessor must always ensure to emphasize on such questions which are regulating the internal educational process in question. This helps the loopholes on an education system to get exposed and areas that need improvement can be determined.
- Such an appraisal document can be framed giving references of earlier data or information so that it helps the concern respondent to response accordingly comparing the earlier scenario with the present.
- Education related processes are vital instrument bringing new reforms in the system. Therefore, assessment must also gauge the risk factors involved in such process so as to eliminate it.
The above mentioned factors are quite significant for bringing noteworthy changes in the education process. However, strategies and plans achieved from such appraisal have to be used efficiently for building a quality educational system and bring relevant changes.